Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Want to Fall in Love!


Life when I saw was young and bright
I had people to hold on to
Things to call mine
And I kept losing one by one
All that I beheld
Keeping silent I saw how fate had dwelled

Tears that don’t seem to end
Relations do
I stretch my hand but nothing remains
Distances creep in from every nook
And I tell myself
Only the day can follow the night
But the cloud seems to cover the only ray too

That is not what I wanted
Being a sadist in life
That is not what I chose
But something that came falling by
And I accepted
For I couldn’t change
The me, the you, the call of the day

And here I pity my predicament
For nothing better can I do
For relations all seem lost in a blur
And a beggar doesn’t get to chose

But I want to see the stars shining
I want to take in the scent of the air
I want to wear a smile that doesn’t fade
I want to dance away my tears
I want to kiss and be kissed
I want to fight and make up
I want to sleep over the phone again
I want to fall in love..!!

6 comments:

  1. that was awesome.

    I stretch my hand but nothing remains
    Distances creep in from every nook.
    aye aye. whatta line.

    And here I pity my predicament
    For nothing better can I do
    For relations all seem lost in a blur
    And a beggar doesn’t get to chose
    true sadist aye? ;)

    I want to wear a smile that doesn’t fade
    I want to dance away my tears
    I want to kiss and be kissed
    I want to fight and make up
    I want to sleep over the phone again
    I want to fall in love..!!

    makes u want to fall in love all over again. if only momentarily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Raj! I feel so elated every time you comment! I keep reading them over and over again, feel good factor it is :D
    Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its mutual. ur poetry is soothing actually. :)

    that's what keeps me coming back to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thank yous will never be enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your poetry will. so dont u dare stop! u owe me :P

    ReplyDelete