Monday, March 27, 2017

The three 'R's

In disdain I watched from the window of my office
A patch of grass being redone
On the little ground between
The tallest structures of bricks and mortar
And I questioned the existence of the
Slender palms, spread across a reasonable green 

It was a reassurance, to the ones like me
That there is the possibility of bloom
Even amidst the detached exchange of hellos and cold rubbing of shoulders
Or is there?

Or will there be the need to renew,
another patch of grass, as they threw
That burning cigarette, on its last leg
And pressed it under their shoe
Because that's what everything is reduced to
The three words - Reduce, Recycle and Reuse


That's what everything has reduced to.


1 comment:

  1. It's brilliant poetry Priyanka. Love every word churned that touches the soul. I just started reading, 'Red is for love, Black is for Kohl.' It's such a page turner and every word is flawlessly written to make it a page turner, sending me back to college days.

    Cheerz
    Vishal
    www.vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com
    www.vishal-newkidontheblock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete