Friday, September 18, 2015

Tramp

I've walked a lot of roads,
They've led me to dingy shacks,
With loose bulbs and chipped ceilings;
Where love only resides under the sheets
It's unknown faces, when out of them.

I've walked a lot of roads,
They've led me to shady bars.
I've bled on broken bottles
And have led my wounds be fed on by thirsty hungry mosquitoes, from here and about.

I've loved with all my might,
I've kissed without it and I won't deny.
I've been a bitch you've been warned about,
I've been the angel you've dreamt.
I will wreck every castle you build,
I am a ship without a compass, with a baggage of guilt.

There's no place I can stay for too long,
I have no money to pay the rent,
I am a rover who doesn't have a place to call home,
A tramp with no heart to lend.


1 comment:

  1. Can an author project her own self onto a poem?

    Nicely woven though.

    ReplyDelete